Healthy heart assessmentLet our dedicated Cardiology team assess the health of your your heart, examine its function and identify any risks.
Give yourself peace of mind for a healthy heart
Each day, your heart beats around 100,000 times so keeping it in good condition is vital for your overall health. Our leading Cardiology service provides safe and effective care, without the hassle of travelling into London.
A dedicated Cardiology team can assess your heart health, and also highlight any risk factors you might be exposed to. All results are reviewed by a consultant Cardiologist.
A comprehensive range of tests
When you book a Healthy Heart Assessment with us, you can expect a range of tests and examinations to examine the function of your heart:
- An ECG to determine and display your heartbeat
- An echocardiogram, a non-invasive test to determine the health of each valve and chamber of your heart
- A cholesterol test, consisting of a small blood test to determine your levels of low density lipids, or “bad” cholesterol
- A thyroid test to determine your thyroid function as it is closely linked with the heart
- A full blood count to check for anaemia and other blood disorders
- A blood test to determine your kidneys are working, diseases of the kidney can increase the risk of heart attack
- A liver check to determine the health of your liver, another organ that is closely linked with the heart
- A blood glucose test, to determine if you’re diabetic
- Urinalysis, which can flag up issues with the kidneys & liver, as well as provide insight into blood pressure
- A check of your sodium, potassium and creatinine levels
Your results will be reviewed by a consultant Cardiologist in 7-10 working days. Once reviewed, our team will notify you of your results and send a copy to your GP. If it is recommended for you to seek further medical advice, this can be done by arranging a consultation with a Cardiologist at KIMS Hospital, or through your NHS GP.
Our healthy heart assessment is available to patients 18 and over and without cardiac symptoms. It isn’t suitable for high-level athletes or patients with any cardiac medical history.
If you are experiencing symptoms such as mild chest pain, palpitations or breathlessness, and would like a heart assessment, then please see our rapid cardiac assessment service.
A Healthy Heart Assessment costs £495
Depending on your results, we may recommend some further investigations. Any further tests, scans, treatments or appointments with a Consultant Cardiologist are not included within the Healthy Heart Assessment package and will incur additional costs. These will be discussed with you and your consent will need to be given before any bookings or appointments are made to ensure you are happy to proceed.
To book your assessment or make an enquiry, call our friendly enquiries team on 01622 538186 between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a general enquiry
- Appointment enquiry
Our team are on hand to help answer any queries you might have about coming to KIMS Hospital or Sevenoaks Medical Centre. You can use the form below and one of our team will be in touch. Alternatively to speak to a member of our friendly team, please call 01622 237 500 between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like to book an appointment, you can use the form below and one of our team will be in touch.
Alternatively to speak to a member of our friendly team, please call 01622 237 500 between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday.
Please be aware, if you are requesting a diagnostic scan such as an MRI, or CT, you must have a referral from a relevant clinician or Allied Health professional such as a physiotherapist.