Competition & Markets Authority (CMA)In accordance with the requirements of the Competition and Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order (2014), the below information is a declaration of hospital services provided for Consultants and referring clinicians.
“Higher value” services
The services provided at KIMS Hospital to Consultants and referring clinicians and the amounts charged by KIMS Hospital for those services are set out below:
- Use of consulting rooms – £18 per hour*
- Office desk rental: £350 per month*
- Medical secretary services: £22 per hour*
*prices exclude VAT
To reflect the provision of free on-call services provided by both Medway Anaesthetic Group and West Kent Anaesthetic Group, KIMS Hospital provides use of a free office on-site.
“Low value” services
The following “low-value” services are provided to Consultants and referring clinicians with practicing privileges at KIMS Hospital:
- General services to ensure clinical safety (e.g. in-house training, chaperones).
- Operational services such as patient bookings/admissions, administrative services and billing, and insurance/indemnity cover in respect of NHS patients.
- General marketing support, including production of consultant directories, promotional activities, web profiles etc.
- Basic workplace amenities such as teas/coffees/refreshments, subsidised meals, car parking, stationery.
Corporate hospitality events
Corporate hospitality events held by the hospital at no charge to Consultants and referring clinicians are set out below, together with the cost of providing such events:
- Consultants are invited to attend an annual general meeting (AGM). The AGM is generally hosted offsite, with food and drink provided. In 2018, the AGM cost £3,325.50.
Clinician part-time positions at KIMS Hospital
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of any part-time position in their private hospitals held by a referring clinician in addition to exercising practising privileges at that hospital.
At KIMS Hospital, we do not have any consultants in this position.
Full details about the investigation and the Order can be found on the CMA web page