Competition & Markets Authority (CMA)In accordance with the requirements of the Competition and Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order (2014), the below information is a declaration of hospital services provided for Consultants and referring clinicians.
“Higher value” services
The services provided at KIMS Hospital to Consultants and referring clinicians and the amounts charged by KIMS Hospital for those services are set out below:
- Use of consulting rooms – £18 per hour*
- Office desk rental: £350 per month*
- Medical secretary services: £22 per hour*
*prices exclude VAT
To reflect the provision of free on-call services provided by both Medway Anaesthetic Group and West Kent Anaesthetic Group, KIMS Hospital provides use of a free office on-site.
“Low value” services
The following “low-value” services are provided to Consultants and referring clinicians with practicing privileges at KIMS Hospital:
- General services to ensure clinical safety (e.g. in-house training, chaperones).
- Operational services such as patient bookings/admissions, administrative services and billing, and insurance/indemnity cover in respect of NHS patients.
- General marketing support, including production of consultant directories, promotional activities, web profiles etc.
- Basic workplace amenities such as teas/coffees/refreshments, subsidised meals, car parking, stationery.
Corporate hospitality events
Corporate hospitality events held by the hospital at no charge to Consultants and referring clinicians are set out below, together with the cost of providing such events:
|Date||Event||Number of attendees
|Cost per head|
|June 2019||Rugby event||20||£59.40|
|September 2019||Consultant shoot||15||£133|
|July 2021||Consultant shoot||20||£147|
|November 2021||Rugby event||30||£148|
|September 2023||Rugby hospitality event||11||£105|
Independent hospitals are required to disclose details of consultants practising at their facilities, who have a share or financial interest in those facilities or any equipment used there. Consultant Financial Interests at KIMS Hospital and Sevenoaks Medical Centre (SMC)
- Mr Mark Cynk owns 100% of a holmium laser used at KIMS Hospital
- Mr Larry Shall owns 100% of some of the outpatient dermatology equipment at KIMS Hospital
- Mr Michael Hess owns 100% endoscopy discectomy equipment used at KIMS Hospital
- Mr Liam Stapleton owns 100% of the equipment used for gait analysis at KIMS Hospital and SMC
- Hearbase owns 100% of their hearing test equipment used at KIMS Hospital and SMC
Clinician part-time positions at KIMS Hospital
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of any part-time position in their private hospitals held by a referring clinician in addition to exercising practising privileges at that hospital. At KIMS Hospital we have the following clinician appointment:
- Dr C Thom, Dr R Mankragod, Dr K Kumar, Dr S Sivappriyan provide General Medicine On Call Cover. Remuneration is £5,000 per annum.
- Dr S Rassam, Dr L Banerjee, Dr M Aldouri are our Haematology On Call Consultants. Remuneration is £4,000 per annum.
- Dr R Reddy is our Infection Control Consultant. Remuneration is £12,000 per annum.
- Dr R Mehta is our Director of Breast Screening. Remuneration is £2,500 per annum.
- Dr M Aldouri is our Director of Laboratories. Remuneration is £2,400 per annum.
- Edward Kearney is our Clinical Scientist Consultant. Remuneration is £10,000 per annum.
Full details about the investigation and the Order can be found on the CMA web page
Clinician advisory services at KIMS Hospital
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of certain paid services provided by referring clinicians to private hospitals operators in addition to exercising practising privileges at that hospital. At KIMS Hospital we have the following clinician advisory services:
Mr Simon Bailey is Chair of our Medical Advisory Committee with a remit to provide professional advice to the CEO, Medical Director and Chief Nurse regarding effective medical governance and oversight. Remuneration is £10,000 per annum.
The Medical Advisory Committee also has six divisional leads comprising of the following clinicians:
|Mr Neil Kukreja (divisional lead for Surgery)||Remuneration is £5,000 per annum|
|Dr Amit Saha (divisional lead for Medicine)||Remuneration is £5,000 per annum|
|Mr Guy Slater (divisional lead for MSK)||Remuneration is £5,000 per annum|
|Dr Alexis Corrigan (divisional lead for Diagnostics)||Remuneration is £5,000 per annum|
|Mr Steve Montalto (divisional lead for Women & Children)||Remuneration is £5,000 per annum|
|Dr Mike Browning (divisional lead for Anaesthetics)||Remuneration is £5,000 per annum|
|Dr Naveen Mudalagiri (divisional lead for Cardiology)||Remuneration is £5,000 per annum|