Supporting the NHS During COVID-19Our mission has always been to provide safe, outstanding quality care for our local community. Along with other independent healthcare providers across the county, we are working closely with the NHS to support them by providing care to those patients that still need urgent treatment for other health conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic
To support the NHS as part of the Government’s COVID-19 contingency planning, we continue to work closely with three NHS Trusts; Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells (MTW), Dartford & Gravesham, and Medway (MFT) to support patient care, including providing specialist theatre practitioners to support the care of CV-19 patients at both Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells and Medway Trusts.
On site at KIMS Hospital we have:
- Opened rapid access cancer outpatient and specialist cancer diagnostic clinics
- Provided surgical procedures daily for gynae-oncology, urology and colorectal cancer patients
- Supported cardiac patients through the cardiac intervention suite, including rapid access chest pain clinic patients
- Managed a stroke rehab ward, working in close collaboration with the occupational therapists and physio teams from MTW who have been based at KIMS Hospital
- Established eye-trauma outpatient and surgical services.
Everyone across KIMS Hospital has worked closely together with the local NHS Trusts to ensure any administrative and clinical barriers have been managed to offer a safe service for patients.
Over 1500 patients have been treated through these partnerships and KIMS Hospital will continue to work in the best interests of all patients in Kent.