Mr Syed AhmedMBChB, LLM (Merit), MSc, FRCS (Tr & Orth) Book an appointment Consultant Hip & Knee Surgeon
Available at:KIMS Hospital & Sevenoaks Medical Centre
Scans, tests & treatments available
- Hip pain
- Hip replacement surgery
- Mako SmartRobotics Total Knee Replacement
- Minimally invasive hip replacement
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
Mr. Ahmed is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a special interest in Hip Surgery. He performs a high volume (>450) of hip replacements annually, as evidenced by UK National Joint Registry (NJR). He has a special interest in minimally invasive hip replacements, enhanced recovery and is keen on early return to all normal activities following joint replacement surgery.
His NHS practice consists mainly of primary and revision hip replacements and is based at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust.
He completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics in Kent, Surrey and Sussex. He then went on to gain international experience in Toronto to further sub-specialise in lower limb arthroplasty. Following this, he worked at University College London Hospital gaining significant experience in complex hip and knee replacements, revision hip surgery and robotic hip and knee arthroplasty.
Positions of responsibility held:
- Regional Clinical Coordinator, South East, National Joint Registry.
- Training Programme Director, Core Surgical Training, Health Education Kent Surrey & Sussex.
- College Tutor, Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Member of the Professional Affairs Committee, British Hip Society.
- The British Hip Society Travelling Fellowship. He was one of two orthopaedic surgeons to be awarded the prestigious BHS Fellowship in 2019. This gave him the unique opportunity to gain experience at the internationally renowned Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York.
- Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Scholarship to attend their meeting in Florida, USA – December 2019.
- European Hip Society Travelling Fellowship – Invited to visit specialist orthopaedic units in Italy.
- Make a general enquiry
Our team are on hand to help answer any queries you might have about coming to KIMS Hospital or Sevenoaks Medical Centre. You can use the form below and one of our team will be in touch. Alternatively to speak to a member of our friendly team, please call 01622 237 500 between 8am-8pm Monday to Friday.